And now a final 2023 update from one of our favourite teams in Zambia – the Chiawa team. Their amazing camps in the Lower Zambezi and South Luangwa have done amazingly well this year, and all accolades are hugely deserved. We can’t wait to be back in these camps in 2024.
As 2023 comes to an end we want to thank you all for your support in visiting our camps, in entrusting your friends and clients to us, in following us on social media and essentially helping make this probably our best year ever.
We would also like to thank our amazing teams, that would be each and every one of those amazing individuals in our camps and in Lusaka who each in their own way has helped make the magic and made our many guests so very happy. As a small thank you we were delighted to send our team, after the camps had closed, on an all-expenses paid 3 day break to the Victoria Falls.
Our suppliers also deserve special thanks, ensuring we received everything we needed to make our camps and guests as well stocked and comfortable as possible.
Finally we thank the Conservation organisations that we support and work closely with to ensure that Zambia’s prime safari areas are as well protected and managed as possible, including:
- Conservation Lower Zambezi
- BioCarbon Partners Zambia
- Conservation South Luangwa
- Project Luangwa
- Zambia Carnivore Program
- Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust
- Zambia’s Ministry of Tourism and the Department of National Parks and Wildlife
As you can see, this is a massive team effort, a global collaboration that brings together like minded people with talents and interests focussed around one thing – a passion for Zambia’s wild places and its wildlife.
- Before we talk about the year ahead, let’s quickly celebrate the most notable achievements for 2023:
- Our best year ever
- Raised in excess of $125K for conservation and community efforts in the Lower Zambezi and South Luangwa National Parks
- Chiawa Camp & Old Mondoro both 100% solar off grid.
- Chiawa Safaris became Zambia’s first certified Climate Positive safari company. Possibly even Africa’s first.
- Old Mondoro voted Travel Africa Magazine’s Readers’ Favourite Safari Camp in Africa 2023
- Puku Ridge voted World Travel Awards 2023 best Safari Property in Zambia
- Chiawa Camp & Puku Ridge voted as Winners in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2023 Reader’s Choice Awards
- Our reality TV Show “Renovation Wild” has aired in more than 75 million households and is now available for streaming on Apple TV, Discovery+ and HBOMax.
And now the year ahead:
- Our collaboration with Puku Ridge/Chichele has been renewed and the rebuild of Chichele Presidential has recommenced with new vigour.
- Chichele is expected to reopen in time for the 2025 safari season however we hope to run some trade and media visits through in Oct/Nov 2024.
- WATCH THIS SPACE FOR UPDATES AND CONFIRMATIONS!
Newsletters for each of Chiawa Camp, Old Mondoro and Puku Ridge will follow shortly but in the meanwhile we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and happy holidays.